SWTOR update 6.2.1 releases on February 16th. It is the first patch for the new 2021 year and brings improved and rebalanced Uprisings, slightly redesigned Amplifiers system, the end of Ranked Season 13 and a few key changes to the Conquest system for Guilds. I’ll break down the patch notes for you and explain what is the purpose and meaning of each one of these changes. Let’s dive in!
Note: If you are reading this on Monday February 15, please know that there will be a few more important things added to this article after the patch goes life – things I cannot or am not allowed to discuss before then.
Updates to the Amplifiers System
The Amplifiers system was first released with Onslaught in Game Update 6.0. It is an optional and additional layer of stats that you can acquire to give you an extra boost to performance.
The Amplifiers were largely left untouched for over sixteen months since the release of the expansion. Last September BiWare’s Chris Schmidt hinted in an interview for my friend and fellow content creator Aviriia that changes to the Amplifiers system will be coming, but not too soon.
Fast-forward a ~five months and we finally have them. I would categorize these changes as quality of life improvements rather than any actual changes to values. No new amplifiers are being added either.
In the short featured video attached here you can see the changes as I previewed them on PTS for you.
The Amplifiers window is redesigned. It is now attached to the Character Window and automatically opens with it. The button that used to open it is gone from the Character window.
The amplifiers have been also restructured in five categories with the Standard (white color) one being the new lowest tier:
- Standard (White)
- Premium (Green)
- Prototype (Blue)
- Artifact (Purple)
- Legendary (Gold)
A more important for the min-maxers among you is the next change. A new setting will allow you to pay more credits for a greater chance for high quality Amplifiers per roll.
In the Recalibrate window there is a small check in the bottom left corner that reads “Quality Lock”. This increases the price you pay for each amplifier re-roll significantly, but will also grant you amplifiers of the same tier or higher each time you click “Recalibrate”.
The “Quality Lock” price starts from a different lowest value based on the Amplifier quality.
This sounds like an even bigger credit sink on a first glimpse, but to prevent you from poring all of your character’s digital life savings down the drain in a span of a few minutes, there is a price increase limit of 100 re-rolls.
The prices will also reset with the weekly reset each Tuesday, allowing you to start rolling for new Amplifiers at the lowest value again. This will slow down your min-maxing process, but will save you credits.
Improved and rebalanced Uprisings
BioWare introduced the Uprisings as a new group content in Game Update 5.0 (the Knights of the Eternal Empire expansion). Five were delivered with this patch and another five with patch 5.1 a bit later.
The Uprisings were marketed as a quicker and easier group content for up to four players. They offer skirmish-like combat encounters on familiar terrain – the instances re-used parts of the open world environment to create the encounters.
Few bosses were spread across each Uprising, offering different, but not overly complicated mechanics for you to learn and beat. Uprisings are indeed action-packed, but with minimal amount of story behind that action.
It’s been a long time since the Uprisings were first released and beyond some level rebalancing for 6.0, we saw nothing done to them. They were sidelined and ignored by the vast majority of the players as they were either too easy, too long or too challenging. Simple said – they were not properly balanced for the types and amounts of rewards they offer you for your time and efforts spent running them.
Update 6.2.1 aims to fix that. How? By tweaking the encounters in several ways. That includes thinning the mobs in some situations, tweaking the Health and Damage Output in places and overall ensuring better loot drops and rewards for completing these instances.
The best part, if you ask me, is the fact that the Uprisings are now balanced for level 75. Master Mode is going to be a bigger challenge, but also will reward you for your skill and effort accordingly.
“Uprisings have also been rebalanced for Level 75, which means high-level gear will be more important. Most of our changes weren’t major–we wanted to keep the spirit of these Uprisings intact–but there’s some great quality-of-life additions and bug fixes. Some of the trash mobs have been trimmed down (namely, Destroyer of Worlds). Boss AoE indicators are easier to see in places. Knockbacks and stuns have been removed from several abilities. The boss of Fractured no longer randomly resets. It should be a much smoother playing experience all around.” – BioWare’s game designer Alex Gold said in an internal interview for swtor.com.
Being balanced for level 75 means that your hard-earned and best-optimized gear will have another place to be used. Woohoo!
From what I saw on PTS there are no changes in the encounters’ mechanics. BioWare made some a bit easier by nerfing or removing enemies, some might require less interrupts than before. In general the Uprisings were tweaked so they offer constant action that doesn’t overwhelm you. You should be able to finish any Uprising in fifteen to twenty minutes.
Need help? I have detailed guides for all Uprisings in SWTOR. In the days following the update going live I will tweak some of these articles in the list where changes are made and affect your gameplay or tactics.
Guild Conquest changes
A few weeks ago BioWare announced new and kind of strange changes coming to the Conquest system in SWTOR and specifically related to guilds.
What exactly is changing? Players who are added to a Guild will now not be able to contribute to the Guild efforts until the end of the Conquest Event in which they were invited. More details in the Conquest section
Why would a game punish players for joining a guild, you would ask? The reason for this slightly controversial and strange change is well explained when you put it all in context of what provoked BioWare do make the change.
There is more! This limitation also applies to newly created guilds. Furthermore if a player is removed from the guild, their contribution to the guild Conquest score will be subtracted. If the player leaves on their own, the points will remain as an active for the guild.
Not long ago reports started piling up and complaints began to form on public places like Discord, Forums and Reddit. Players were complaining of inappropriate behavior of a certain number of guilds and their leaderships on several servers.
Guild leadership was inviting random, often new players, without asking or warning first, the new players were accumulating Conquest points for the Guild and shortly after they stopped being highly productive, they were kicked out.
This behavior was labeled as inappropriate, because it was done primarily to new and unaware players. Getting an invite to a guild is cool, but getting kicked out of it shortly after that for no apparent reason and without anybody telling you why, that creates a negative feeling and leaves a very bad impression in the new player about the SWTOR community as a whole.
You can read the full story about how the Guild Conquest changes came to be in my previous news story, where I shared a lot more details and information about this incident – how it started, how it escalated and how the community pushed for these changes.
The decision to not allow new recruits to contribute to their new guild is a bad one, because many Conquest-focused guilds tend to reward their members for assisting the guild’s efforts in winning the weekly conquest competition. However, the changes were also needed, because what these few guilds and their leaderships were doing is not considered exploit or worthy of a ban, it was just a hole in the system that was abused. The way to fix that and do it quick, is with the changes that you read about in the beginning of this segment.
Will better solution be developed in the future? I hope so. These changes feel like a quick patch put in place to prevent the reputation of the game being ruined potentially by the guild invite and kick commands being used in an aggressive manner on new players. And the second season of The Mandalorian did bring a healthy amount of new and returning players to the game. We, the community, would not want to welcome them in a bad way, do we?
A Number of changes are being introduced to the Conquest system itself, specifically to the Crafting objects. I will not bore you here with the details, which you can read in full scope below in the patch notes, but let me mention this one thing only: a “craft” means one craft process completed. It wont matter how many items you craft as a package, they will all count as one craft. This is done to give equal ground to all crafting professions.
More changes from SWTOR 6.2.1 worth highlighting
Before I leave you to enjoy the full patch notes, I would like to highlight for you a few more important and interesting changes that you might otherwise miss skimming the notes below.
The Ranked PvP Season 13 in SWTOR ends with the launch of Update 6.2.1 on February 16. There is no currently announced date for when Season 14 will start. BioWare mentioned “later this spring” in their news article revealing the Ranked Rewards.
If the shaking of your screen annoys you, you will be able to turn if off now. Update 6.2.1 adds a camera shake slider to allow you to reduce or completely turn off the impact of certain effects causing shaking. Turning shake completely off will prevent you from experiencing the missile impact during Space Combat, so that could be seen as double-edged knife.
BioWare forces a new game intro and logos upon you. The new update will demand that you see these new animations at least once before you can skip them. Similar to what you might remember doing the very first time you started SWTOR… however long it was.
If you are on the hunt for Tech Fragments, you can now do that by defeating the Onslaught World Bosses on Quesh, Taris, Hoth, Belsavis and Voss.
A large number of glitches have been fixed for clothing and Cartel Market items. Weapons that used to play the wrong sound or skipped a sound completely, will now sound appropriate. A number of mounts have had their descriptions updated to remove the “knock-off protection” mention, because this is no longer a thing in the game.
A number of old currencies have been converted to Legacy currencies:
SWTOR’s User Interface is notoriously bad and slow. Often you have to wait a second or two (some times a lot longer) when opening a new window, tab or performing a certain command. One thing should be off of your mind with 6.2.1 at least as the crew skills interface will no longer freeze when you try to change a crew member.
There are no class changes or balancing done in this update. The few patch notes in the “Classes and Combat” category of the patch notes list only visual and bug fixes. I do advise you to go over them, because some of the fixes are actually going to potentially increase your performance in combat, as they were intended to.
Pushing enemies off ledges has always spawned mixed feelings in me. It’s so annoying when the enemies fly down 50 meters, but respawn up in a moment as if the push was buggy. Yes, these are bugs indeed. Pushing enemies is a valid and legit mechanic, it just doesn’t work always. 6.2.1 makes an attempt to fix several of these instances, namely in Hammer Station and Kuat Drive Yards.
Question for the old veterans of SWTOR. Do you remember when The False Emperor’s last boss Darth Malgus had a unique mechanic involving grenades that you pick up right before you enter the boss area? The creates have been sitting there for years long after this mechanic was no longer a thing. After 6.2.1 in Story Mode these crates will no longer be displayed there.
Speaking of flying in space, a number of missions are now going to give you Reputation Rewards for completing them.
I love how BioWare now includes patch notes for events that are over and will not return any time soon. Such is the case with a number of fixes done to the Feast of Prosperity seasonal event, which is expected to return again next Fall. It makes sense to do the fixes while the players’ feedback is still fresh in the developers’ heads, but including these changes in the patch notes may actually have a reverse effect – aggravating players, who experienced these bugs and were unable to do a certain thing because of them.
SWTOR Game Update 6.2.1 Patch Notes
- Uprisings – Several changes have been made to Uprisings. Our goal with these changes is to bring a more balanced experience:
- Players will now be able to complete Uprisings at level 75 instead of being bolstered down to 70.
- Story and Veteran Mode are still available at level 70 while Master Mode now requires level 75.
- Rebalanced the difficulty and time they take to complete along with an increase to all loot drops.
- Amplifiers – The Amplifiers user interface (UI) has been reorganized to have a better distinction between Amplifiers. Along with those changes, we’ve introduced Quality Locking, and a Weekly Cost Reset to give players greater chances for Amplifiers!
- Ranked PvP Season 13 – Season 13 of Ranked PvP has come to a close. New rewards can be found at Giradda the Hutt on the Fleet and players will receive rewards based off of their highest ranked rating when Season 14 starts later this Spring!
- Conquest – Changes have been made to Conquests to ensure engaging and fair competition. Players who are added to a Guild will now not be able to contribute to the Guild efforts until the end of the Conquest Event in which they were invited. More details in the Conquests section.
- Camera – Added a camera shake slider to allow players to reduce or turn off the camera shake in the game.
- Please note players will not experience missile impact during Space Combats if camera shake is reduced to zero.
- The game’s intro movies and logos have been updated! Players’ “auto skip movies” setting has been reset so that everyone can see them at least once, though the option still exists to skip these after the first login post-patch.
- Satele Shan’s companion bio will now correctly show her picture and bio instead of Voss’ picture and Revan’s bio.
- The description for the Nautolan Species Unlock will now correctly mention that items placed in the head slot are hidden for the Nautolan Species.
- The Daily Login UI will now open at the oldest claimable reward.
- The Flourish Emote will now be correctly displayed with two lightsabers or two vibroswords.
- The /commend Emote will now correctly play a unique voice line per class.
- Opening other windows when the Emote Window is opened will no longer make it blank.
- The following non-looping Emotes will no longer be marked as looping:
- Emotes will now be correctly unlocked in the Emote Window immediately when unlocked.
- Groove and Bop Emotes can now be previewed.
- Updated context menus so that right clicking on a name or portrait will give consistent access to spam and toxicity reporting.
- Improved the spam controls on the mail system.
- Rakghoul Vendor Jeelvic will now correctly trade for Rakghoul DNA Canisters.
- The sit hotkey will now play the correct Emote.
- The Legacy perk “Rocket Boost” will no longer be automatically activated when transitioning to a new zone or when a character logs in.
- Republic characters will now correctly gain progress towards the Spoil of War Tactical Achievements.
- Fixed an issue where the Spoils of War vendor would offer empty Unidentified Hilts or Barrels if the purchasing player could not use them.
- Corrected an issue where the 9th anniversary vendor at the Imperial and Republic Fleet has the word “Undefined” in French and German.
- The preview window will now clearly showcase the Trophy Decorations for bosses in Flashpoints and Operations.
- Pressing the Enter key in chat will no longer reset the GTN results to the first page.
- The “Comment” drop down menu in the Who window will no longer trigger when pressing the spacebar.
- Onslaught World Boss loot on the following planets now contain Tech Fragments:
- Corrected an issue where inspecting another player would cause their stats to appear in the background of the character window.
- The active tab of the preference window will no longer be reset when the window is closed and reopened.
- Fixed a typo in the Guild Cargo Bay message.
- The Stronghold Title and Conquest pop-ups will now properly fade over time.
- The following issue has been previously fixed with a hotfix that was deployed on December 21st:
- Players will no longer be stuck in Quick Play mode.
- The anniversary discount pricing for the Dromund Kaas and Coruscant Strongholds has expired, they are once again available at their standard prices.
- The following issue has been previously fixed with a hotfix that was deployed on December, 17th:
- Ultimate Cartel Packs will no longer drop the non-working Sienar Drexl Mount.
- The Silver Decoration Pack will no longer drop the Bounty Table Bronze rarity decoration. It should now only drop in the Bronze Decoration Pack.
- Re-added the following Emotes to the Cartel Market:
- /holo hoop
- /victory wave
- /chair 9
- /warm hands
Items + Economy
- Amplifiers will now be divided into 5 groups of Quality with the addition of Standard Quality (White).
- Low level offhands no longer have Amplifiers, as intended.
- Amplifier icons in tooltips will now have their appropriate quality color.
- Jori Daragon’s Gauntlets will no longer appear as black when equipped on a female body type 1.
- The “Minor Rampage Achievement Boost” has been renamed “Rampage Achievement Boost”.
- Corrected the name of “Efficient Synthweaving” Amplifier to “Synthweaving Efficiency” to follow the naming standards.
- The floating plate on all the Cartel Skiff Decorations will now correctly be floating above the decorations instead of under.
- Clicking on the Fireworks Celebration Backpack in the Collections window will now correctly open the item window.
- The following items from the Anniversary Vendor can now be correctly unlocked in collections:
- Jawa Celebration
- Fireworks Celebration Pack
- Fixed an issue with the Payday Blaster playing the wrong sound effect.
- The following wall decorations will no longer be too far from the wall:
- Banner: Blatant Bek (Hanging)
- Banner: Pit Screamers (Hanging)
- Banner: Horizon’s Razor (Hanging)
- Blatant Bek Fan Poster
- Pit Screamers Fan Poster
- Horizon’s Razor Fan Poster
- The following lightsabers will now correctly cast light onto characters:
- Redeemed Revan’s Lightsaber
- Fallen Revan’s Lightsaber
- The Valiant Defender dualsaber is no longer misaligned.
- Removed the knock-off protection mention from the tooltip of the following mounts as there is no longer knock-off protection in the game:
- Czerka Desert Special
- Czerka Invader
- Gurian Blasterbolt
- Gurian Cyclone
- Gurian Dune Hopper
- Gurian Emerald
- Gurian Hammer
- Gurian Lightning
- Gurian Rose
- Gurian Royale
- Gurian Scorpion
- Gurian Shadow
- Gurian Starfire
- Gurian Storm
- Gurian Tornado
- Gurian Volcano
- Kalakar Strike Fighter Simulator
- Longspur Blaze
- Longspur Outrider
- Longspur Ranger
- Longspur Recon
- Longspur STAP
- Rark Lavish
- Rark Marathon
- Rark Sprinter
- Rark Vaulter
- Rendili Fireball
- Rendili Outrider
- Rendili Shadow
- Rendili Solar
- Rendili Stormlight
- Stap SUV
- Ubrikkian Hunter
- Ubrikkian Raider
- Ubrikkian War-Rider
- The Exarch’s Lightsaber MK-1 will now be correctly listed under the Lightsaber subcategory in the GTN.
- The following currencies have been converted to Legacy Bound currencies:
- Ziost Memory Holograph
- Golden Certificate
- Cartel Market Certificate
- Eternal Championship Trophy
- The following armor sets will no longer have a metallic armor sound when jumping, running, and falling down:
- Winter Outlaw’s Armor Set
- Lab Technician’s Armor Set
- Jedi Knight Revan’s Armor Set
- Fixed the sound effect of the Forge Tool Cabinet to correspond to the visual effect.
- The item names will be now correctly displayed in the Collection Purchase Window.
- When clicking on the purchase button to unlock the Galvanized Infantry set for the whole account, the Galvanized Infantry set is now correctly opening.
- The following items should now appear in their correct sub-categories on the GTN:
- Schematic: Armstech Tactical 1
- Schematic: Artifice Tactical 1 & 2
- Schematic: Cybertech Tactical 1 & 2
- Schematic: Biochem Tactical 1 & 2
- Schematic: Synthweaving 1 & 2 (Body)
- Schematic: Synthweaving 1 & 2 (Legs)
- The inspect item window of the Casual Vandal Armor Set will now correctly open when players click on it in the collections.
- The inspect item window of the Juvenile Zakkeg pet will now correctly open when players click on it in the collections.
- Tau Idair’s Lightsaber is no longer missing its icon in the companion’s window.
- Updated missing Storefront artwork for the Advanced White and Advanced White-Black color crystals.
- The Ceiling Missing Display Flashpoint decoration will no longer drop from a Silver Decoration Pack, but from Goldie or the Spirit of Vengeance Decoration Box, as intended.
- The following obsolete crafting materials have been removed from the Login Rewards Material Bags, and have been updated to state that they are no longer in use and should be sold to a vendor:
- T’pala Paste
- Bio-Bacta Tank
- The Crate of Claimed Login Rewards will now be Bind On Pickup. To transfer claimed rewards in a Legacy, players need to open the crate and claim its contents.
- Stims received from the Login Rewards will now be scalable to level.
- Added a few exclusive Login Reward colors in the Kai Zykken’s Dye Bag.
- Jumping while mounted on the Rombuk Mount will no longer cause a visual effect issue.
- The game will no longer freeze when changing the crew member on the Crew Skill interface window.
Classes + Combat
- When a Jedi Sage uses the Force Barrier ability, it will now correctly dispel poison and bleed effects, instead of only bleed effects.
- Theron Shan will no longer rise from the dead to complain in “Things Left Unsaid” if a romance had been started with Khem Val.
- When a Sith Sorcerer uses the Force Barrier ability, it will now correctly dispel poison and bleed effects, instead of only bleed effects.
- Corso Riggs has exchanged his Swindler’s Silvertongue Blaster for a Scorching Blaster Pistol.
Dirty Fighting Tacticals
- The explosion from the Ultraviolet Blast tactical will now properly benefits from damage Amplifiers such as Periodic Intensity, Tech Wizardry or talents such as Devouring Microbes.
- The Catalyzed Toxins tactical effect will now properly benefit from Cut to the Quick talents and any dot damage Amplifiers.
- The explosion from the Ultraviolet Blast tactical will now properly benefits from damage Amplifiers such as Periodic Intensity, Tech Wizardry or talents such as Devouring Microbes.
- The Catalyzed Toxins tactical effect will now properly benefit from Augmented Toxins talents and any dot damage Amplifiers.
- The Thermal Sensor Override ability will now correctly apply the cooldown reduction from alacrity.
- The Reserve Powercell ability will now correctly apply the cooldown reduction from alacrity.
Vanguard Set Bonuses
- The Guard Cannon utility will now be properly applied to the Veteran Ranger set bonus for Vanguard.
- The Vanguard’s Ionfall buff from the Meteor Set Bonus will now correctly last during 15 seconds instead of 20 seconds.
Flashpoints, Uprisings, Operations
A Traitor Among the Chiss
- The mission name “[VETERAN] A Traitor Among the Chiss” will now be properly displayed on the mission terminal and in the mission log.
- Enemies pushed off ledges will now die in the Hammer Station Flashpoint, as intended.
Kuat Drive Yards
- Enemies pushed off ledges will now die in the Kuat Drive Yards Flashpoint, as intended.
- The [Weekly] Flashpoint Mission on Veteran and Master Mode will now be automatically granted when players accept or enter the Objective Meridian Flashpoint.
- The intro cinematic of the Objective Meridian Flashpoint – Solo Mode will now correctly trigger.
- Players will no longer remain in combat after the travel sequence in the Taral V Flashpoint – Veteran and Master Mode.
The False Emperor
- Removed the Discarded Grenade Crates from The False Emperor Flashpoint – Story Mode.
- Players will no longer respawn outside of the area where the fight takes place if they die at the final boss of the Foundry Flashpoint.
The Spirit of Vengeance
- Updated the loading screen text during the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- The [Weekly] Flashpoint Mission on Veteran and Master Mode will now be automatically granted when players accept or enter The Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Players will no longer be stuck on the Seeker’s Vigil after the fight with Troya Ajak in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint – Solo/Story Mode.
- Corrected an issue where one of the Mandalorian fighters was shooting with an invisible rifle in one of the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint cutscenes.
- Ashad Sharpshooters in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint will no longer incorrectly maintain combat preventing players from progressing to the boss.
- Rass Ordo will now have an influence level of 25 when he joins players for the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint – Solo/Story Mode, as intended.
- The female Nautolan dancer NPCs in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint will no longer have a male voice.
- The jumping puzzle in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint has been adjusted for some difficulty modes.
- Bask Sunn will no longer target Nimble Rush on a dead player in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Bask Sunn’s Focus buff is no longer missing its description in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible buff to appear on Bask Sunn in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- The Shipping Manifest will now correctly glow when moving the cursor over it in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint, as intended.
- Goldie will no longer enter combat mode while she’s still in the cage in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Goldie will now reset if she gets too far away from her encounter room in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint – Veteran Mode.
- Characters will no longer slide/fall through the ship in the second cinematic of the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- NPCs in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint will now be correctly synced to the Flashpoint level.
- Bask Sunn’s and Heta Kol’s corpses will now correctly disappear after their surrendered version appears in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Rass Ordo’s equipment will now have proper icons in the companion’s window.
- Players will no longer be able to go outside of the encounter room when fighting Troya Ajak in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Players will no longer receive “Mavrix Varad Codex” if they already have the “Clan Varad Codex” entry unlocked when killing Gorga Brak in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Mandalorian Propaganda posters from the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint are now using the correct icon.
- Players who have an iRating under 268 will no longer receive Set Bonuses and Tacticals from Boss Drops in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint, as intended.
- There is now a transition cinematic between the “Champion’s Glory – Boarding Launchers” and the “Fortune’s Folly – Engine Deck” in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Corrected a typo in the journal entry for the Flashpoint Spirit of Vengeance description.
- Ash’ad Sharpshooters will now correctly lose their buff when they leave cover in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Golga Brak’s ability “Energized Grapple” now has a tooltip in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Golga Brak will no longer interrupt his full auto ability unless players break out of Electrified Grapple in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
- Heta Kol from the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint will no longer have an invisible buff.
- Added the description to the Restrain debuff that Bask Sunn applies in the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint.
The Nature of Progress
- The CI-M Synapse Accelerator Serum effect will now correctly prevent the battery carrier from being pulled by Anti-Theft Droid in the Nature of Progress Operation – Master Mode.
- Anti-Theft are now immune to AOE and single target taunts in the Nature of Progress Operation – Master Mode 8/16 players.
- Empty batteries will no longer tend to explode when acquiring a unit of charge from absorbing an electrical pool in the Nature of Progress Operation – Master Mode.
- The Mass Target Lock from the Apex Vanguard will now be correctly removed by the damage pulse from overcharging a battery in the Nature of Progress Operation – Master Mode.
- The duration of the Brittle debuff will now be correctly displayed in its tooltip when used in the Nature of Progress Operation.
- The message received by sanctioned players will now correctly mention that their queue ban is for all PvP activity, including Ranked, Unranked, and Galactic Starfighter.
- When a player is banned from queuing for Ranked PvP, they will also be banned from Unranked PvP.
- In the Solo Ranked queue, while a Tank/Healer is waiting in queue, if a DPS role character declines or leaves a match, the Tank/Healer will no longer be used for backfill instead of a DPS character.
- The active PvP Pre-season will now be correctly displayed in German.
- RPM-13 will no longer be obtained from the Daily or Weekly Solo Ranked Warzone Lockbox. RPM-13 can still be obtained via Group Ranked.
- Force Charge and similar abilities should no longer unexpectedly kill the player in the Corellia Square Warzone Arena.
Mandalorian Battle Ring
- Adjusted terrain under the start area of one side of the Mandalorian Battle Ring Arena to prevent death when jumping off at the start of a round.
- Enemies can no longer go through a gate while it is closed in the Fractured Uprising.
- The fight against Lord Anril and Korven will no longer reset in the Fractured Uprising.
- Added Reputation Rewards to the following Missions:
- Operation Midnight Freedom
- Operation Searing Light
- Operation Noble Gambit
- Operation Ardent Wave
- Operation Glory Cyclone
- Operation Sunder Zero
- Operation Grand Nova
- Operation Silent Roar
- Operation Echo Quake
- Operation Eternal Domain
- Operation Molten Splinter
- Operation Rising Fury
- Operation Sweeping Menace
- Operation Raging Dawn
Missions + NPCs
- Update the loading screen text for “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.
- Heroic Moment abilities can no longer be used if there is not enough space on the temporary ability bar when fighting the Emperor in “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.
- The camera will no longer shake in the cinematic of the “Defeating the Emperor” step in “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.
- Satele Shan will now have her lightsaber when encountering the Emperor in the “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.
- While Revan is a companion during the “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission, his Force Storm ability will no longer appear as if it would damage the player.
- Satele Shan’s single target heal will now correctly be named Inner Peace and uses the correct description in “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.
- Satele Shan will now correctly heal to full after changing roles when summoned as a companion in “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.
- Satele Shan and Revan now have an influence level of 25 when they guest in “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission, as intended.
- Smugglers characters will now say the correct line in the conversation with the Scions at the “Speak to Minazar” step in “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.
- Tenebrae will now correctly appear at level 75 at the “Confront the Emperor” step in “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.
- Interacting with Satele Shan at the “Defeat Valkorion” Step in “Echoes of Oblivion” will no longer trigger the cinematic from the previous step, as intended.
- Players can no longer summon companions that should not be available in the “Open the Temple” step of “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.
- If the player previously romanced Lana Beniko or Theron Shan, they will not wear their helmet during the romance scene at the “Meet with Lana Beniko” step in “Echoes of Oblivion” Mission.
- Lord Tagriss’ weapon is no longer missing its visual effect in the “Republic Raid on Arcanum” Mission.
- Mission indicators will now be correctly displayed in the Imperial Agent’s Story Mission “Defender of the Empire”.
- The map indicator of the “Den of Thieves” Mission will now be correctly displayed for Troopers on Balmorra.
- Fixed the following issues in the Bonus Series Mission “Pirate Justice” on Taris for Republic characters:
- The description of the Mission will now correctly indicate the Mission turn-in location in Olaris.
- The Stage 2 and Final Stage of the Mission will now display the correct description in the Mission Log.
- The Stage 2 and Final Stage of the Mission will now be correctly scaled.
- The Mission “Beyond Redemption” on Taris for Republic characters will now display the correct description in the Mission Log.
- The Ancient Droids will now correctly appear in the Imperial’s Mission “Catalyzing the Conversion” on Belsavis.
- Fixed the following issues in the Republic’s Mission “Legacy of Death” on Taris:
- The Mission will now correctly appear as a Standard Mission instead of an Exploration one.
- The Mission giver NPC, Doctor Synoda, has been moved to his intended location closer to the taxi location at Waypoint Station Aurek.
- Fixed the following issues in the Republic’s Mission “Prison Scars” on Belsavis:
- Esh-Kha NPCs will now correctly qualify for the “Defeat Esh-Kha Forces” step, as intended.
- Esh-Kha NPCs will now appear on the map.
- The Return to Phase Entrance and associated map indicator will now correctly appear in the following Missions:
- The Republic’s Mission “The Archive” on Taris
- Imperial Agent’s Mission “The Scorpio Sanctions” on Belsavis
- Trooper’s Mission “The Separatist Stronghold” on Ord Mantell
- Smuggler’s Mission “Hitting Where It Hurts” on Ord Mantell
- Smuggler’s Mission “Brotherhood” on Hoth
- Smuggler’s Mission “Divided Loyalties” on Hoth
- The hologram of Commander Naughlen is now correctly aligned to the holo-projector at the step “Investigate Halidrell Setsyn’s Corpse” of the Sith Warrior’s Class Mission “Distress call”.
- The hologram of Watcher Two is now correctly aligned to the holo-projector at the step “Speak to Watcher X” of the Imperial Agent’s Class Mission “Liquidation”.
- The camera will now be correctly placed at the step “Speak to Samara Mindak” of the Imperial Agent’s Class Mission “High Society”.
- Tenebrae’s “Will of the Emperor” Ability’s sound effect will now persist until the Ability is finished, as intended.
- Fixed a typo in the Mission Log for the “Release Escape Pods” step of Tenebrae’s Final Weapon.
- Guest players will no longer have their own group of followers during the last step of Tenebrae’s Final Weapon, as intended.
- NPCs will no longer walk on railings in the Hangar Deck of Satele’s ship in Tenebrae’s Final Weapon.
- Removed the “Observer” Heroic 2+ Mission requirement that is no longer available from the Imperial Achievement “Hero of Makeb”.
- Characters’ mouths will now more closely match their lines in the cinematics of the “Meeting Jekiah Ordo” Mission in French and German.
- The cinematic meeting at the “Find and Speak to the Underworld Contact” step of the Bounty Contract on Dromund Kaas will no longer fail to start.
- The fog in the Chapter V: From the Grave is no longer maroon, as intended.
- The Dar’manda challenger will no longer respawn after they are defeated in the Heroic Mission “We’re Wanted Men”.
- The Republic Bonus Series “Securing the Advance” on Alderaan will no longer be blocked if the following Missions are completed before:
- Shipment of Weapons
- A Spy in House Organa
- The engines in the “[Heroic 2+] Clipping Wings” Mission will now correctly be deactivated after the player interacts with them for the first time.
- The “Shroud of Memory” Mission will now be correctly displayed in the Galactic Guide.
Feast of Prosperity
- Added the missing word in the conversation line with the Mek-Sha Line Cook in the Story Mission “A Dash of Kindness” of the Feast of Prosperity Event.
- The Escaped Nexu will no longer behave incorrectly in the Coronet Zoo in the Prep Work Mission of the Feast of Prosperity Event.
- Cancelling the channel of Meditative Satiation toy will now stop the animation, as intended.
- Snow-Covered Parcels stored in the Guild or Legacy Bank are now correctly converted into currency, as intended.
Nar Shaddaa Nightlife
- Temporary abilities for the following Missions will now be removed when completing those Missions:
- “Boss Said Knock You Out”
- “Data Driven Services”
- Players who will be near other players playing the Slot Machines during the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event will no longer receive alerts.
- Added a purchasable Rakghoul Antibody Dispersion Droid to Jeelvic, the Rakghoul Vendor. This ability will provide immunity to the Rakghoul plague for 6 hours to the player and nearby party members. The Droid will require Legend standing with THORN to purchase, and cost:
- 50 Rakghoul DNA Canisters
- 4 Exotic Plague Specimen
- 1 Symbiotic Fungal Bloom
- 1 Barnacle of the Eyeless
Relics of the Gree
- The “Schematic: Crystal of Nightmare Fury” from the Vendor Rewards of the Gree Event will no longer miss its tooltip menu and correctly mention the currency required to purchase it.
- Upon joining a guild, new guild members no longer earn Guild Conquest Points, Guild XP, Invasion Rewards, and Conqueror Achievements until the next Conquest reset.
- Example: If a player joins a guild on Friday, they will not be able to contribute to the Guild points and XP until the next Conquest Event (the following Tuesday at 12:00PM UTC).
- Newly-created Guilds will not be able to accrue any Conquest points or Guild XP until the next Conquest Event.
- Due to these changes to Guild Conquests Commendation Rewards from Invasion will be tallied at the end of the active Conquest, and rewarded when the next Conquest event starts.
- If a player is removed from the Guild, their contributions will be removed from the Guild. If a player decides to leave the Guild on their own, their contributions will still count for the Guild.
- The following adjustments are being made to Crafting Objectives.
- New Objective called “Crafting: Inventor” will be added
- This will be a Weekly and require twice the number of crafts (100) compared to the former Daily “Crafting: Inventor” Objective (which is 50 crafts).
- Base Points = 6,400
- Upon completion opens up to “Crafting: Inventor 2” Daily Objective
- The former “Crafting: Inventor” Objective will change from an Infinite Repeat to a Daily Repeat
- Will change names to “Crafting: Inventor 2”
- Base Points = 1,100 (up from 750)
- “Crew Skills: Harvesting” will change from an Infinite Repeat to a Daily Repeat
- Base points = 1,100 (up from 750)
- “Crafting: War Supplies” will change from an Infinite Repeat to a Daily Repeat
- Base Points = 2,000 (up from 1,100)
- “Crafting: Dark Project Eternal” will be removed from Conquest as there is already a Daily version
- “Crafting: Aid the War Effort” will change from an Infinite Repeat to a Daily Repeat
- Base Points = 3,350 (up from 750)
- New Objective called “Crafting: Inventor” will be added
- In addition, to achieve more equity between professions, going forward, a “craft” for the purposes of conquest objectives will equal one “craft”. Previously a “craft” would count each item in a stack of items crafted, shortcutting our intent for the system.
- For example – if a Biochem crafter produces a single craft that consists of a stack of 3 stims:
- Previous: Conquest objective credits that as 3 crafts
- New: Conquest objective credits that as 1 craft
- For example – if a Biochem crafter produces a single craft that consists of a stack of 3 stims:
- Conquest Objectives will now only display the “Next Objective” if it’s part of the active conquest.
- The following Conquest Objectives should now only appear during the Dread War Conquest, the Emergency Operations Conquest, or during the Feast of Prosperity Seasonal Event, as intended:
- “Corellia: Lucky”, “Hoth: Snowblind”
- “Corellia: Lucky Eternal”
- “Hoth: Snowblind Eternal”
- Fixed an issue where some Skytroopers were not counting towards the count of ‘Chapters: Defeat Skytroopers’ Conquest Objectives.
- Conquest Reward Missions will no longer be stuck in an incomplete state if granted while the player is in a conversation.
- Crafting Conquest Objectives now only progress once per craft, even if multiple items are created by the schematic.
Patch notes originally posted on swtor.com